Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Korean Food

I knew it.. I just KNEW I would start to really like Korean food. Which means that when I'm back in Canada I'll miss it! No fair!

I've been getting more inventive with what I try. I still don't really like kimchi, but that in no way limits what I eat. Chapch'ae is a noodle dish that is really tasty..mmm. We have it every Sunday lunch at the hall. And lamien is really good here (read: ramen noodles) Much better than the american version. Also, remember that shredded beef dish that Juno made at the Marshalls? A little spicy and you throw it on rice? Well, it seems that I'm constantly having that... and it's sooooo good. Much better than Juno's Canadian-ized version. It's really really spicy.. and the best way to eat it is to get a medium sized lettuce leaf, put some meat, rice, kimchi (I skip this part), and random veggies in it, throw some red pepper paste on top, roll it into a ball, and stuff the whole thing in your mouth. And you don't have to worry about being rude at this point with your cheeks puffed out and struggling to swallow. :) I love it!

You wanna know what else is growing on me? Everyone sharing everything. Everyone has their own rice bowl, and shares the countless side dishes. It's great. And yes, I do remember the whole germ thing.. and for some reason, it just doesn't bother me. It's just really cozy to sit around with friends and share everything, including hilarious jokes in chonglish (the korean version of "engrish" or whatever it's called)

Anyway, I'm off to bed.

Miss u!

No comments: