Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Buying a new car

So it's that time again..

My old Sunfire has decided that it's not going to be good to me anymore. After almost 6 years of awesomeness on it's part, I feel like it just wants to be retired already.
I bought my '99 Sunfire from my Aunt in 2004. It was my first car! You have no idea what kind of feeling it gave me to have freedom. I was able to go wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted. And since I was still living at home.. that was a good thing. I didn't have to ask for a ride anymore or take the bus :) My sister and I road-tripped in it one summer all across eastern Canada.My little blue Sunfire was perfect for quite a few years, but lately I've been taking it in a lot for random repairs: signal light clicker, throttle position sensor, etc. The air conditioning is broken, as well as the CD player, so it's not as fun to drive anymore, either. And now I'm afraid to take it anywhere far because I sense that there is a transmission problem in the making.

So it's a sad, sad day.. but I've decided to replace the old dear. :(
I will miss you!
Let us remember the good times:

Running out of gas in the middle of nowhere on the NB/NS border

Meh.. it was worth a try

Second time in the ditch is the charm? No?


:)

No comments: