Saturday, June 26, 2010

G20 in Toronto - June 26th

Wow.

That's all I can say after a day like today.

Is it really worth it to destroy other people's property for the sake of making a point? I wonder at the logic of people when I see store windows being smashed and cars being torched on the streets of my hometown. I suppose that it's all just to get a reaction, but still. We're just coming out of a recession and those stores are people's livelihoods. It's unfair to attack others just to make sure that everyone knows you're annoyed. :( This does not help your cause in any way.

I wanted to see the peaceful protests downtown, but now I'm afraid of going and getting tear-gassed when some guy behind me throws a hatchet through a bank window.

What is this world coming to?


Check out this amazing Flickr set by jen: G20 Toronto 2010
Her pictures say it all.

No comments: