Monday, June 28, 2010

Fishing trip planned

We're planning on going fishing this coming Canada Day. Only 3 more days!

I don't know why I love fishing so much. I think part of it is the sense of accomplishment that I can go and get a meal or two without negatively impacting the environment. Recently I watched "Food Inc." and ever since then I have a bad feeling about meats and vegetables in the grocery stores. I've been trying to only buy seafood that is maintaining it's population levels, such as pollock. Also, I'm thinking of getting my veggies & fruits from a farmer's market nearby on Fridays. As for red meat.. I can only wonder where it's been.
But anyway, back to the fishing. A couple friends of ours are coming with us this time. They haven't really had any experience with fishing, so we're going to rent a boat for the day. Should be loads of fun! :) Watch out largemouths, here I come!

Note to self: Gotta remember my sunblock!

Last year!

No comments: