Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Laptop Woes


My hangul (Korean) lessons are suffering..

I have (had) a program on my laptop that helps with learning pronunciation and sentence structure, but I had to put my laptop in for repairs about 3 weeks ago.  And here I wait...

There is more to the story.  In fact, it has turned out to be a fiasco with the repair.  My laptop was ready for pickup after a week and I refused to pick it up because it had a large crack down the center and the side was gouged.  Needless to say, I did not want to take it home in that condition.  It was sent back for assessment, after which I received a phone call stating that the bill would be $288 for a new cover.  I had to explain my situation seeing as there was no documentation for the poor girl on the phone to go by.
Anyway, to make a long story short, she's calling the store today for me and will tell them that if the laptop was damaged anytime between when I dropped it off and came to pick it up, then they are responsible.

*fingers crossed!*

5 comments:

R said...

Hi Penny! :)

I'm learning Hangul on my own too! :) But just because I have the love for languages. Hehe.

Korean alphabets are quite easy to pick up, if compared to Japanese Hiragana and Katakana.. :)

Owh anyway, good luck with your lappy! :)

Fighting! :D

-Rachel-

HennyPenny said...

Have you ever been to Korea? It would be good to learn Hangul and then travel there :)
I do agree that the alphabet is really easy.

Thanks!

R said...

No... :( But I am hoping to do so. :) Planning. hehhee. My friend who's studying there kept on asking me to go there for a visit. Well, we'll have to see how much I can save up, cuz I am still a student and money is kind of an issue. :)

-Rachel-

FreeFlying said...

Isn't that the worst?!? I've had that happen before and you just want to say, "Maybe you misunderstood. Your job is to make my product/life better by fixing things. That's, like, the skill that you're supposed to bring to the table."

http://operatingonrandom.blogspot.com

HennyPenny said...

I totally agree!