Monday, May 31, 2010

Gulf Oil Leak

I honestly think this oil spill in unbelievable. I have a few things that make me angry.

1. Who puts into place something that has the potential to damage the environment on a colossal scale with no proper safety measures in place??? I mean, honestly?? If you don't know how to fix a potential oil leak, then why are you drilling in the ocean in the first place? I think this should be a wake up call for the large drilling companies.

2. Who approved off-shore drilling with no proper safety precautions in place? Whoever signed the dotted line and allowed this company to drill in a healthy, well-established ecosystem should be held accountable for the damage thus far.

I personally think that this company should pay for all the clean-ups, plus fines, and possibly criminal charges. The buck is not more important than our world, people.

Check out the live footage of their latest attempt to stop this leak.. btw, I just want to point out that this is 5 1/2 weeks after it started to leak AND this method may make it worse......

No comments: