Wednesday, December 5, 2007

True Story: Gatorade-flavoured Toilet Water

So earlier this week, I noticed a flyer in the elevator. It meant nothing to me (being all in Korean) so I made a mental note to ask Maria when I saw her. As usual, my mental notes are usually lost in the mix.
A couple days ago.. we were getting ready for bed and Maria mentioned that she saw the flyer in the elevator. Apparently the water was going to be gone from 8am the next morning to 8am the day after.. 24 hours without water. And she had JUST noticed it when she got home. Soooo.. we did a quick tally of our water supply.. enough spring water for drinking, a couple pots of water for washing our faces and brushing our teeth, we both took a shower.. and that was the extent of our planning. So the next day, we go to work, and come back home. Never thinking about the lack of water at home.
Soooo.. we get home and had one of those "OH YA!!" moments. And I had to go pee. (I was kicking myself for not having gone at the school) So I asked Maria where the nearest public showers were.. she had no idea. So I said "well.. I really have to go, so I'm going to use our last toilet flush". She jumps up.. runs into the bathroom, and FLUSHES THE TOILET! "Watch!" We both watch in silence as the bowl empties.. and stays empty. After a few seconds.. she sheepishly looks at me.. "oops.." lol. She flushed away my toilet water because she thought the water pressure would refill it.. like in a house. I politely reminded her that we were on the 5th floor.. hahahahaha.
What to do??? Why... try to fill the bowl up with a 2L bottle of nasty gatorade, of course. That filled it up about 1/6th of the way.. so.. only one thing left to do. We grabbed a large bag, filled it with a bunch of empty 2L bottles and went to the hospital. We felt like thieves.. we snuck in.. and we stole the water. (and I used the washroom.. evil) Then we ran out with our pilfered water, giggling... and to make the best of it.. it's not even drinkable! ARGH! We stole toilet water!!

No comments: