Thursday, February 3, 2011

Exercise, anyone?

So I finally went to the gym.  (*cue hallelujah chorus*)

I had to fill out some paperwork when I got there and there was a question that asked if I was ever in an exercise program.  I put no.  The girl at the desk read over my paper and said "You've never exercised???  Like, EVER?!?"  Yep, sadly that sums up my life.

I signed up for a yoga/tai chi/pilates class.  I've barely done yoga, only pretended to do Tai Chi as a kid when I saw old Asian women doing it in the park, and I don't really think I exactly know what Pilates are. (something about a blue ball filled with water?? no?)

The class was fun.  I learned that I have very bad balance, horrible posture, and no strength in my limbs whatsoever.  Let's face it.  I'm a weakling.
I went to another class today after work.  This one was cardio with hand weights.  Again, I did horribly.  This time I learned that I have no coordination and I can't remember one set to save my life. 

It's gotta go up from here..  if it goes down, then we've got a problem..  :-)

5 comments:

FreeFlying said...

Do you know how awesome you are for never having exercised?!? Rebel!!!

Bridget said...

ahh that's exciting - where'd you end up going?

HennyPenny said...

Haha.. I have felt very blessed to have not exercised up to this point.. HOWEVER, it has caught up to me! But being a rebel for 28 years is pretty good, if you ask me ;)

I ended up going to other Goodlife. Their schedule works better for me if I want to go after work for the classes. I feel like such a klutz!

Stacy said...

I wanna go with you for the giggles, I think it would be fun :o)

HennyPenny said...

On Thursdays or Saturdays I would have time to pick you up..

If you EVER not work a Friday evening, there's a really fun class that I tried today. I loved it but it was exhausting! Latin dance! Two older ladies took me under their collective wings and showed me what to do! :)