Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday is here!

I'm tired today.  I've just worked my normal 5 days in a row and now I have to work tomorrow too.  Add that to the fact that I'm not used to exercise and I have a feeling that I just might sleep very well tonight. 

I got off work early and headed to the gym to sign up for a year.  I figure if I'm paying hard-earned money for this thing, I might just be motivated to go.  I then had time to kill before the Latin dance/cardio class so I decided to get on a bike and watch Judy Judy on the overhead TV.  I barely made it to 10 minutes..  on easy "flat terrain".  But at least it wasn't downhill or anything!  That would be embarrassing!  ;)

The dance class was the best class I've done so far.  As one older lady told me at the beginning, it doesn't matter if you get all the moves right, so long as you add in a lot of enthusiasm and energy.  So I gave it my best and almost passed out at the end.  Phew!

Then I cancelled out all my efforts by having wings and wedges for dinner with friends, with a nice, cold glass of Coke.  MMmm..  It was all worth it :)

We went skating tonight, as well, for a friend's birthday.  I use "we" loosely here, as I did no such thing.  I'm not crazy about winter sports, anymore.  I sat on the sidelines and played the role of "Hockey Mom":  tying people's skates, giving them coffee when they skated over, taking pictures.  In the process I drank my coffee and then my husband's..  so I might not sleep well tonight, after all..


It's Friday!  yay!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Woo woo! One year?! Niiice :o) E. doesn't look like a goalie in your picture...heheh

HennyPenny said...

One year!! Whew! Hope I don't waste it :)

I've been thinking of that dance class all day. I think Fridays are going to be my favourite :)
You should come!!

He does NOT look like a goalie. But he was better at that than skating around chasing the puck ;)